Keto taco shellsCourse: Keto Recipes
Make these super-easy spinach taco shells with just five ingredients. Mexican gets the healthy green light!
60g (2 cups, firmly packed) baby spinach leaves
40g (1/3 cup) almond meal
2 teaspoons psyllium husk
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the spinach in a heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water to cover. Set aside for 5 minutes to blanch. Drain, squeezing out extra liquid.
- Transfer the spinach to the bowl of a food processor. Add the eggs, almond meal, psyllium husk and salt. Process until smooth. Place one 1/4 of the mixture onto one of the prepared trays. Use a cranked spatula to spread to make a 15cm circle.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture to make 4 circles. Bake for 10 minutes or until set. Use a spatula to transfer the circles between the gaps of an upturned non-stick muffin pan to create a taco shape. Set aside to cool slightly. Bake for a further 10 minutes to dry out.
- Fill with your favourite taco ingredients (see notes).
- Fill taco shells with smoked chicken, avocado, onion, sour cream, tomato, coriander and chipotle in adobo sauce.
Have you tried this recipe?
Take a picture and share it on our Facebook Can’t wait to see your version.
> You Might Also Like